Tuesday, October 14, 2014

lemon ice cream




I know this recipe seems as though it should be right smack in the middle of Summer, but with my countertop ice cream maker, we can have the stuff any time we want it.  It's fabulous!

I had most of this on hand one night and thought I'd try the recipe.  I've only made lemon ice cream once, and I was really disappointed with the results.  The flavors weren't very balanced... all the zest sank to the bottom...  Ick.  Just a real failure.  So, I've been on a hunt for a better option, and this recipe is certainly a keeper!  If you need to bring a little sunshine indoors, give it a try.  Tart and creamy, it's just perfect!

Lemon Ice Cream
makes 1.5 quarts
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 2 cups milk
  • 2 cups half-and-half
  • 2 tsp grated lemon zest
  • 1 cup lemon juice
~ Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.  Pour into ice cream freezer and freeze
    according to manufacturer's directions.

Could it get any easier?


Recipe from The Peacock Pantry.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!